The Milis Flexireins are a training aid to assist the rider and horse with:
- Attaining that “spongy” connected feeling that your instructor talks about
- Reducing pulling on your horse in the mouth if you struggle to keep your hands quite
- Imagine a relaxed horse and a relaxed You
- Assisting the instructor in gauging exactly how firmly you should or shouldn’t be holding the reins
Leather Based Rein, Rubber grips with nylon inner. Stainless steel rings and buckles. Stitched elastic Inserts.
Use in place of standard Reins
WARNING: Always check the elastic on your Milis Reins before each ride for wear and tear.
A little maintenance can go a long way in extending the life of your tack including your reins and keeping it in good condition
Wipe down your reins with a damp clean cloth after use. Keep your tack in a dry cool place.
Your Milis Reins are a combination of leather, rubber and elastic and each has to be taken care of in a different way. Carefully follow the care instructions for all three materials.
- The grips of your reins are rubber and inside the grip is nylon instead of leather. There are two reasons for this. Firstly, the rubber grips with nylon inside are slimmer and more flexible and make for a comfortable easy grip without having to exert too much pressure. Pressure can lead to tension in the hands and forearms. Secondly, Nylon withstands washing with water better than leather and does not stretch.
- Use only a small nail brush or scrubbing brush and warm (not hot) water and scrub any stubborn dirt gently to remove. Rinse if necessary without getting the elastic wet and pat dry.
- Using a good quality saddle soap, gently wash away any dirt and grime. Rinse with warm water and let the leather dry. Once dry apply a good quality leather conditioner or oil to the leather with a clean cloth or sponge. Let it soak into the leather. Do not get the conditioner or oil onto the rubber grips or the elastic. Choose a soap and conditioner with as few chemical ingredients as possible as chemicals often have the opposite effect drying out the leather.
- To clean the elastic part of your reins simply wipe with a damp clean cloth to remove any dust or grime.
- Always inspect your Milis Reins for wear and tear or fraying before each use.
- Do not use your Milis reins for any purpose other than the prescribed use.
- Do not leave your reins in the hot sun or a hot car as your reins will become sticky.
|Dimensions||155cm x 2cm|
Finally, a solution for both rider and horse!
“In my dreams over the years I have had the perfect ride on the perfect horse, all soft and supple and responsive to the slightest touch. My seat is quiet and still and I am as relaxed as the amazing animal I am riding. I feel one with the horse, connected.”
But...in reality, I am bouncing around like a sack of potatoes as stiff as a board, the tension running from my hands all the way up my shoulders, down my back and into my hips. The harder I try the stiffer I get the more I bounce. All the while my instructor (bless her patience) is telling me to stop yanking my horses mouth, to keep my hands down and still and to feel the connection, that spongy connected feeling. In my head I'm thinking “something’s gonna connect and it aint gonna be me with the horse.”
I have had this conversation with many other riders like myself and like me, they have the same struggle. I have thought there has to be something we can do to help make this easier and there is, Milis Flexi Reins. Milis is the Gaelic word for gentle. These reins have changed my life. I absolutely love them. The Milis Reins have helped me find that spongy feeling, and now I get it every time I ride, even when I am not using the Milis Reins during competitions.
- Imagine if you could feel that “spongy” connected feeling that your instructor talks about
- Imagine not yanking your horse in the mouth with your bouncy hands
- Imagine a relaxed horse and a relaxed You
- Imagine being able to tell exactly how firmly you should be holding those reins
- Imagine a collected horse working in a happy and relaxed frame
Items purchased online can be returned for online store credit to the value spent OR exchanged via courier.
Change of mind
If you change your mind about the product(s) you have purchased from us, we will provide you with online store credit to the value spent (excluding delivery charges) or exchange the product(s) in the country in which they were purchased (you are responsible for any delivery costs associated with exchanging the item(s)) subject to the following conditions:
- Item(s) must be returned within 14 days of purchase, together with proof of purchase.
- Item(s) must be unopened, unworn, unwashed, or otherwise unused with all original packaging/tags/labels attached.
- Giftcards, sale and clearance items are not eligible for a refund or exchange.
- Please use a courier (no post office returns will be collected/permitted), as Catherine Queiroz Collection cannot be held accountable for returned items not received back. All returned items are subject to a 15% restocking fee. Returns are the responsibility and expense of the customer.
- Wrap your return in the same packaging in which you received it and enclose the packing slip.
If you request a refund, the purchase price (excluding delivery charges for online purchases) will be refunded to you with an online store voucher to the value spent once we have received the returned item back and confirmed that it meets conditions 1-5 above. You are responsible for any costs associated with returning the item to us including any currency conversion and/or local or international taxes.
If an item is faulty then we will meet our legal obligation which may include refunding the purchase price and delivery charges in either cash or an online store voucher to the value spent. Alternatively, dependent on customer preference, we will provide a replacement product provided the item is returned within 14 days with proof of purchase.
Shipping costs will not be refunded if there are other items listed on the original invoice that are not being returned.